Monday, October 19, 2009

Braxton Hicks who?

So I'm about 90 % sure I have begun getting Braxton Hicks contractions. The good news is, that they're not bad at all, just a little annoying and makes me nervous a little b/c she really does still need to "bake" a few more weeks. The bad news is, that they're starting to become more frequent. I probably had about 6-10 at work today. Not something you want to have happen when you're in the middle of taking care of patients. My only true fear of labor is having my water break while at work in front of everyone. Other than that, I'm really not that stressed about it.
I am going to attempt to at least labor in the water and if the right doctor is on call when I go into labor, I intend to attempt a water birth with no drugs. People think I'm crazy. Don't care. I really honestly think if I hadn't had the "shakes" so bad and been only 17 the first time around, I really could have made it with no drugs the first time, but we'll see.:-)
Only 49 more days of pregnancy left and only 26 days of work left (both approximations of course). I can't wait! Don't mind the being pregnant bit, but I am SO ready to meet the little ballerina living in my belly!!

No comments:

Ramblings