Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Here comes baby!

Well, we're in the hospital. I'm in labor. :-) Don't know yet if she will arrive before midnight to share my sister's birthday, or if she'll wait til after midnight and have her own birthday on the tenth. We went to my doctor's appointment with strong contractions about 7 minutes apart. Went straight from there to the hospital. Arrived a little after 3:00, doctor came to break my water around 4:20, tried laboring in the water--it made contractions stronger--so I broke down and got an epidural around 9:15 or so and then they started petocin because she wasn't progressing fast enough. So, while I can still feel the contractions, it's more just pressure than anything else. Well, I'm going to try and rest a little now. Will be updating as soon as I can after our baby girl makes her arrival! :-)

No comments:

Ramblings