Thursday, November 26, 2009

the waiting game

Well, we're in the home stretch now...only approximately 11 days left until baby girl is due to arrive. It's been a long a stressful last two weeks, but I am now officially a stay-at-home-mommy. I may be going back to work part time at some time in some capacity, but it's still so up in the air right now that I can't even think about it yet. I'm just going to enjoy the fact that I'm going to be home with my family a whole lot more. I'm looking forward to getting Jarrin on the bus every morning, and being here when he gets home every evening, and greeting Shawn when he comes in the door from work every day and being on standby for homework at any time instead of trying to cram everything in after 6:30/7:00 in the evening. I'm looking forward to cooking for my family, and not having to do all of the week's laundry over the weekend. I'm looking forward to rocking my baby girl to sleep and singing lullabies. I'm looking forward to not having to lie awake at night worrying about work the next day or realizing I forgot to do something at work before I left for the weekend and stressing about during my days off. I'm looking forward to the 6 weeks that my now expanding family will have all together because we're lucky enough that Shawn gets paternity leave. I'm looking forward to having our Christmas on Christmas this year for the first time. I'm looking forward to seeing my sister, who has missed this entire pregnancy but MAY get to be here just in time for her niece's big arrival.
I'm looking forward to starting this new chapter in our lives.
I'm nervous, scared, excited, hopeful...and thankful that I have the opportunity to be have all of these emotions.

No comments:

Ramblings