Wednesday, April 29, 2009

And the winner is...

Well, according to the ultrasound I had done last week there is only one little baby in my uterus surprisingly enough seeing as how I already feel and look like I'm pregnant at only 8 weeks. Craziness. Anyway, I haven't been able to scan in ultrasound pics yet, but I will so I promise! But for now, here's what's going on with the little one this week:





Raspberry.

Your baby is growing like mad, putting on about a millimeter every day and continuing to straighten out in the trunk. Though you can't feel it yet, baby is moving those little arms, legs and (now only slightly) webbed fingers and toes like crazy.

This week, your little tadpole is starting to look a little bit more human. Other exciting developments include:

Your baby's eyelids, ears, upper lip and the tip of his soon-to-be adorable button nose are forming.

Junior will also sprout webbed fingers and toes this week—which you'll be well aware of in a few months, as baby starts early gymnastics classes inside you.

Baby's tiny heart has separated into four distinct chambers and is really ticking now—at a rate of 150 beats per minute. That's more than twice your resting heart rate.

Your baby is now a little more than ½ inch long.

No comments:

Ramblings